ADD/ADHD - What else can I do?
If you're trying to avoid the ADHD medications or would like to maximize other things you can do, please check the following recent study verifying there are some other things you can do.
There was a recent study that showed improvement with the ADHD symptoms with the following changes:
- 1 to 2 hours per day maximum television
- 1 hour per day playtime
- Avoid diet or sweet drinks
- Make sure sleeping nine hours per night
- Increase water consumption 7 glasses per day
- Come for lab testing vitamin D and other labs
- Review the diet to avoid the msg and gmo foods see attachment
Recommendations include getting no more than 1 to 2 hours of total screen time daily; getting at least 1 hour of physical activity daily; limiting consumption of sugar sweetened beverages; getting 9 to 11 hours of sleep per night; and consuming 7 to 10 cups of water daily, depending on age. Holton and Nigg created a lifestyle index to summarize the total number of healthy lifestyle behaviors adhered to by 184 children with ADHD as compared to a control group of 104 non-ADHD youth