Home Sleep Testing
Home sleep apnea testing provides information to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea. It allows you to sleep at home wearing equipment that collects information about how you breathe during sleep. You will be able to set up the testing equipment yourself. Our device will measure your breathing and blood oxygen level.
If you have the following, schedule an appointment with our office to speak to a doctor.
- Excessive snoring
- Problems staying awake, such as narcolepsy.
- Problems with nighttime behaviors, such as sleepwalking, night terrors, or bed-wetting.
- Problems sleeping at night (insomnia). This may be caused by stress, depression, hunger, physical discomfort, or other problems.
A home sleep test is designed to be a convenient way to collect information about your sleep. On the day of your test:
- Try to follow your regular routine as much as possible.
- Avoid napping
- Eliminate use of caffeine after lunch