Health Tips to Prevent Flu | Veranet Healthcare
Prevent getting the flu or a cold this winter for you and your family with these seven simple tips!
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially with vitamin C (for example, organic oranges, strawberries). Adding vitamin C-rich fruits into smoothies is an excellent and easy way!
- Add zinc into your diet, found in spinach, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and lamb.
- Wash your hands and fingernails, especially before meals and after blowing your nose, sneezing, or coughing.
- Slurp some broth. Make homemade chicken soup made with organic chicken and the bones. This will not only keep you warm and toasty on colder nights, but also keep you hydrated.
- Clean your toothbrush at least weekly. Use a quarter cup of peroxide and three-quarters of a cup of water.
- Get plenty of rest, at least eight hours per night
- Express your thankfulness to people around you, enjoy spending time with people you care about, and laugh!