Grilled Veggie Salad
- 2 ears corn
- 2 red bell peppers, quartered
- 2 zucchini, cut into ½-inch spears
- 2 yellow squash, cut into ½-inch spears
- 1 red onion, cut into ½-inch slices
- A double batch of Classic Dijon Dressing
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Dash cayenne
- 1 head field lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- In a cast-iron skillet or wok using no oil, blacken the ears of corn over high heat. Set aside.
- Blacken the peppers, turning them until all sides are well charred. Set aside and repeat with the zucchini and squash spears. Finally, blacken the onion slices and remove from the heat.
- In a large salad bowl, prepare the dijon dressing.
- Add sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Place one ear of corn inside the bowl standing on end. Cut off the kernels using a downward motion. Rotate the cob until all the kernels are removed. Repeat with the other ear of corn.
- Dice the red pepper, zucchini, and squash into small chunks. Dice the blackened onion slices into bite-size pieces.
- Using your hands, fold the warm veggies into the dressing and set aside, allowing them to soak up the flavor of the dressing.
- Add torn lettuces on top of the veggies.
- Add the chopped fresh dill.
- Toss just before serving.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste.
See more healthy recipes at Forks Over Knives.