How to Make Kombucha - From Dr. Michelle Vera
Try this fermented drink, kombucha. You can buy it, but it's lots of fun to make!
- 3 1/2 quarts of water equals 14 cups
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of tea or eight teabags
- 2 cups starter tea from previous kombucha batch or SCOBY (purchased online or from someone)
- Boil water.
- Remove from heat and add sugar and tea. Stir.
- When completely cool, add starter tea from previous batch (2 cups).
- Transfer to jar and add SCOBY. Be careful!
- Cover with cheesecloth and rubber band and wait 7 to 10 days.
How to Make Kombucha-Flavored Tea
- Save 2 cups starter for the next batch of kombucha
- Pour into bottles and add honey fruit etc., putting labels on bottles with ingredients